October 02, 2011

NANI OUT TO BEAT MESSI AS TOP DOG

NANI is as direct as one of his trademark ­blockbuster goals when he declares: I want to be better than Messi.

Manchester United’s Portuguese winger has won just about everything in his four years at Old Trafford, collecting three Premier League titles and a Champions League medal.
But after joining the ton-up club with 100 United league games behind him Nani, 24, is determined to power on to be crowned No.1 in the world.
He would love to knock Lionel Messi, 24 (below) off his lofty perch with the Barcelona superstar celebrating the last two seasons as the greatest on the planet – and a heavily-backed favourite to record a hat-trick of titles.

Nani has got off to a great start this season with some high-octane performances and spectacular long-range strikes but he looked as though he was on his way out of United two years ago. However, he enjoyed his best season for the club last year and has been in sensational form this time around with a mission to make it his best ever.
He said: “That’s one of the dreams I’ve got – to be the best in the world. “But I don’t let it frustrate me. I have other priorities like winning trophies with the team.

“I know I have the condition to be among the best players in the world but I have to work hard to show that.

“And hopefully when I have finished playing football, people will say, ‘Nani was a fantastic player who won a lot of titles and beat records’.

“Last year was my best year. Definitely my most consistent season.

“Now I hope this is my year and I will do my best to achieve that.

“If I am fit for every game, this is a big chance to show I can do much more and that I’m a player with a strong ­mentality.”

No comments :

Post a Comment