December 02, 2010

Super Nani's Sporting Chance

NANI says Manchester United could benefit from hiring a couple of his old team-mates from Sporting Lisbon.

United's flying winger began his career in Portugal alongside the world's most expensive player Cristiano Ronaldo.
And when asked who United should buy if they could choose any player in the world, Nani said: "I'd have some young players, Veloso and Yannick Djalo.
"They are very good players I knew from Sporting, my former team."

Striker Djalo's last-minute goal against Brondby in August helped Sporting qualify for the Europa League group stage with a 3-2 aggregate win.
The 24-year-old made his international debut in September, with a six-minute appearance as a sub in Portugal's 4-4 draw with Cyprus.
Miguel Veloso, also 24, taunted Everton from midfield in last season's Europa League, scoring in both legs of the 4-2 aggregate win against David Moyes's team in February's knockout stages.



He has played 14 times for Portugal and left Sporting in the summer to join Genoa in Serie A in a £7.5million deal.
Nani cost United £14m in 2007, aged 20, and has become a regular in the first team — and a demon at the Carrington training complex.
He said: "I'm one of the ones training hard because every day I like training hard."
He also has some tips on how to beat United team-mate and England captain Rio Ferdinand.
He added: "I'm faster than him - just. But to pass him, I have to pass far away from him because if you try to beat him close by, he'll fight you with his arms. He's so strong."
And the Portugal international has no doubts that the Premier League is the place to be.
Nani said: "I played in Portugal and I watch different leagues. But I think the best league is in England."


Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3256768/Video-Nani-wants-ex-Sporting-Lisbon-team-mates-at-Man-Utd.html#ixzz16yGR12zj